Monday, February 14, 2011

Emotional Control

    If I could have one wish it would be to have complete control over every emotion that could be destroyed by those who love me. I have had these misconcepting blinders on. They have blinded me to the fact that my parents aren't and were never who I thought they were. My father chopped at my love for him like some old tree that needed to be destroyed. When in all reality, it was hurting no one standing in his desolate field swaying in the wind. I have longed for the words "I am so proud you are my daughter and I love you." The hope for that day to come has withered away. My mother has now joined in with chopping at what love I had left for the only parent I thought had loved me. She has broken the last few family tree branches I had left. For what reason have I deserved these emotional stompings on my heart? I know I have done nothing to deserve these things so I am moving on with my life with a clear conscience. The longing to have my parents love me will always be in my heart but I know eventually that longing will subside with each passing day. I will continue to cling to those who do love me. Thank You Angel for standing by my side through all this emotional turmoil!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment