Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nothing I Did Went Right

Has any one ever had a day like this????????

Beep, beep, beep. I rolled over to turn off the annoying black box. With a hard thud I found myself face down in a musky pile of clothes that hadn't been washed in a few weeks. I was removing myself from the nose watering stench when KaBoom! Back down on a pair of muddy musky socks I went. I lifted my head and tried to shake off the dizziness of the impact. I managed to wobble to my feet slamming shut the device that felt as if it had to jump start the headache I could have done without.
The long hall was playing pinball with my body when a shattering crash rung in my ears. My right foot seemed to be swimming in a warm, burning, trickling brook that I didn't recall being there seconds before."Ouch" and a few other choice words echoed through what seemed to be the Grand Canyon. Hopping on one foot, I finally made it to the bathroom for my morning routine. I turned on the shower and stepped inside to what seemed to be a sheet of ice. I proceeded to pour the soapy substance in my hair. "Okay warm water anytime would be nice." I thought. I opened my eyes for a second to adjust the faucet. Like lava flowing down the side of a volcano, the bubbly suds found their way into my eyes. It felt like 100 bees were at war trying to protect their sweet honey. Fumbling for something to wipe the sting away, I think I managed to clear every shelf. With closed eyes and all soap remaining I searched for the way out but my feet thought I would much rather look at the grimy drain filled with bloody soap scum and a few weeks worth of stringy blonde hair. With a wet soapy body and stinging eyes, I made my way back down the hall to my bedroom. I sifted through the pile of clothes I had met earlier, looking for a towel and something to wear. I inhaled the scent of each piece thinking, one will smell better than the next when in all reality they all smelled just the same. In the process of discovering all my clothes are in dire need of Mom's washing machine, it hit me, instead of letting myself be tortured by the rest of the day, I should instead crawl back into the place where my bad day had previously began.

No comments:

Post a Comment