Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our Journey To Eternity

For years I have searched in strangers faces for a sign she might still be out there. My life has been engulfed like a flaming infreno waiting for her to come douse the flames with her loving tears.  I am just a few hours away but I feel as if it's going to take an eternity to reach her. We have been separated by an ocean of what once belonged to our ancestors. The ocean is finally receding, receding only to reveal the beauty of what had been lost so long ago. My mind has ran free like a high spirited mustang racing across the plains for way too long. The time has come to corral my ambiguous thoughts and dreams only to graze in a plush field of happiness. A field that holds the freedom of a new journey yet to be explored. A journey that will never be bound by a broken spirit. This journey will fill our hearts like the stars fill a clear moon-lit night as they stretch across the eternal sky. Eternity is all we have left of our journey as mother and daughter and it is going to be my honor to travel through it with her.     Written October 9th 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment